Well, I finally signed up for a race this summer, now that summer is almost over. It was a last minute thing, but luckily I was able to get Brooke and Keith to join me (it didn't take too much convincing). It was a 7pm, 4 mile race in Broad Ripple. There was a good showing and drinks and food afterwards. Thanks to Mike we got quite a few pics. My goals were 8:45 min pace and to keep up with Brooke. Well, I hit an 8:49 pace and I'm pretty sure Brooke could have left me in the dust if she wanted to. I still had a nice run and a good time chatting with Brooke along the way. Plus I got to test out my early birthday present from Mike, a Nike + wrist band. LOVE IT! It keeps track of your pace, distance and calories. Then after a race you plug it into your USB port and it downloads all of your race info to nikeplus.com where it keeps track of everything and even graphs your pace. Geeky - yes, but soooo cool.
Dilyn drinking Mike's protein shake on the way to the race.
Dilyn and me just before the race.
Me, Brooke and Keith during the race (don't ask me what Keith is doing - no idea)

Dilyn during the race
The trio after 4 miles.
3 comments:
GREAT JOB!!! It looks like Mike and Dilyn were wonderful cheerleaders. I can't wait until I can run with your guys again!
I can't imagine running that far that FAST! Good job! That's so awesome! And your other posts are cute too... especially you guys at the beach, and all dressed up for the ball! Looks like fun!
Good job Jamie on your run! Wish I could have been there to see you. So close to your goal. Good job! Brooke is a sweetie and Keith too, of course.
Mike is great, as always, for taking the pics and making sure the little princess is happy.
Dilyn looks absolutely adorable and very set for the run herself. Before you know it, she will be out there with you!
xoxo Mom
Post a Comment