
Well, Mike and I decided to gamble and take a trip to the movie theater...with
Dilyn. I told myself I would never be one of those people who brought an infant to the theater, but it was a rainy Saturday afternoon and I was dying to see Ocean's 13. We got her fed, changed her diaper, packed her bag and we were off to the movies with our fingers crossed. We got our tickets, Mike went to the concession stand for
root beer and
Reese's pieces and I went into the theater to get our seats and get situated.

The people looked at me as I found my seat...terrified of the little being I had in the
car seat. I told them not to worry...if she started to cry we would be out of there. Well, there were a few small
whimpers during the previews so I got her out of the
car seat. Mike came into the theater and told the small crowd the same thing...if she cries we're out. They were all very gracious and told us not to worry. Well, the previews continued and
Dilyn fell asleep! We were in the clear, or so we thought. All of a sudden the screen went blank and you could see the film strip literally burning on the screen...turns out the projector was broken. The theater employee apologized and told us we'd have to come back another day. We got a refund for our tickets and brought our candy and soda home with us to enjoy while we watched a rented movie.
Dilyn slept through the whole thing at home. So, we didn't get to see the movie, but it wasn't little
Dilyn's doings...go figure...on the day we decided to gamble. These are pictures of us right before we left for the theater. We are showing the world
Dilyn's cute bunny slippers that match her little bunny outfit.
4 comments:
You guys are so funny...
Cute bunnies....
Watch the mail.
Hugs and kisses
Marilyn
ooxx
You are some brave people to take a 3 week old to a movie theatre! And bummer she konked out and no movie! Grrrr.
Thanks for your posts on our blog! :)
And you are so right--that first time you refer to your child AS your child is awesome! Just wait til you get back to work, and you get to put her pics everywhere and talk about her all the time! It's still so cool to me, even 15 months later to talk about "my son" :)
Have a good 4th of July if I don't hear from you before then! If Dilyn is anything like Brett was last year, she will sleep through the fireworks (if you guys get to any!)
-Jill :)
Thanks for leaving a post on our blog! Dilyn is so adorable and I love her pink bunny slippers... that's the ONE thing Cam does not have yet... slippers :) We need to plan a trip to come see you guys when you're up for it! How's Dilyn sleeping at night? She's looks great... and looks like she's growing! So kudos to you and Mike! Cam just started baby food yesterday.... soo cute. Our little girl is growing up! :) We miss you guys and can't wait to come for a visit!
~Tiff, Mike, Cam
Jamie, Mike and Dilyn,
I have been meaning to write you for weeks. In fact, I was reading your blog the day Brian called to say they were having a girl. After hearing about you, Haley, Jessica, Kendall and of course Allison, it just made sense that Emily would have a daughter also. I was beyond thrilled!!!
Jamie, you looked adorable pregnant and awesome post-pregnancy. Mike, congrats on your great grades in school. Keep up the good work. You are a good inspiration for Brian. And Dilyn, well what can I say. She is just precious. What a perfect little angel. I can't tell you how anxious I am for our little bundle to arrive.
All my love to the Ford family,
Jennifer Lewis
Post a Comment