Sunday, July 1, 2007

Feelin' Good

Well, Dilyn has met both sets of grandparents now. Mike's mom and dad got into town on Wednesday evening. They were very excited to meet Dilyn. It was so fun to see them gush over her. Unfortunately, Dilyn had a pretty bad episode of nonstop crying for about 3 and a half hours. Poor thing...there is nothing worse than staring down at your little girl while she's so upset and not be able to help her. She has been pretty fussy lately, but this was by far the longest she cried for. I finally called the doctor...we made an appointment for the next day, but while I had her on the phone I asked her about the over the counter gas drops...she said to give them a try. I ran to the store to get some, but by the time I got back she had finally settled down. The next day we went to the appointment and the doc changed her reflux medicine to Prilosec. We went to the pharmacy to get it filled, but the pharmacist told us it would be a couple of hours so we went home empty handed. She started getting fussy so I tried the gas drops and she was perfect the rest of the day. It's been almost 4 days now and I haven't needed to give her any of the Prilosec!! Yeah! She's a new little girl. Turns out she just had a little gas. Her reflux symptoms have also gotten a lot better.
We took Mike's parents out to Cancun for some mexican food and margaritas for their birthdays on Thursday night. We had a lot of fun and the Dilyn was an angel. Friday afternoon Grandpa Jeff babysat while Desi and I did a little shopping and got pedicures. We enjoyed the day out...especially the pedicures! That night both Desi and Jeff watched Dilyn so we could go to dinner with some friends at my favorite place...Kona. We really had a great time. Thanks so much for babysitting!! The left is a picture of us girls with our raspberry crushes and mojitos...mmmmmm...(me, Brooke, Amber and Holly).

The gang at Kona (Keith, Zach, Ashton, Mike, me, Brooke, Amber and Holly).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great to see Desi and Jeff with Mike and little Dilyn. They are all looking pretty proud! Dilyn is a very lucky little girl.

Love,

Karen