Wednesday, July 4, 2007

No More Milk???

Well, Dilyn had her first month wellness visit with Dr. Kelly on Monday. The picture above was taken after we got back. We brought in a dirty diaper to test for milk protein allergies. Sure enough there was microscopic blood in her stool which means she is allergic to milk proteins and has a little owie in her intestines. Poor little thing. She will grow out of this, but from now on it is soy formula. We have to test her stool again in 2 weeks to make sure the blood is gone. If it is she will stay on the soy. If not, she'll have to get on a hypoallergenic formula. Our fingers are crossed that the soy does this trick. So far she's been pretty fussy on it, but I think it's just because she's trying to get use to it. We hope she feels better soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope the soy works! Little Kyle is also on soy. We are just guessing it is a milk allergy (It's good to know there is a test to verify). I haven't had dairy in a month. We are transitioning the boys to formula and Kyle was in so much pain after he ate the regular formula. Then we tried the soy the next day and he did fine. And I don't blame Dilyn for being fussy with it (it kind of smells like dog food).

Looks like you are getting into a routine and even enjoying getting out of the house! You look awesome and by the blog, I can tell you are enjoying motherhood!

Nicole