Sunday, February 25, 2007

What's in a Name?

Mike and I met our good friends for dinner at Kona Grill http://www.konagrill.com/ (home of Happy Hour sushi, appetizers and Bud Light). It's my favorite place. I've slowly convinced others that it should be their favorite place too. The food is delicious and I love the atmosphere. If you're ever in Indy and in the mood for sushi or American food with a Hawaiian flare it's the place for you. The only mark against it is you have to get there early and wait for a table to open. Our friend, Brooke, got there first and waited for about an hour before we landed a spot to sit. We had a great time. Mike, especially. I am so happy we've made such great friends since we've moved to Indy. It makes the world of difference. From left to right in the pictures below...Keith (works at Schneider in the commercial dept. as a landscape architect and LOVES hunting), Ashton (also works at Schneider in the commercial dept. as an engineer, recently passed his PE!!), Mike (my husband, of course), me, Brooke (works at the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office in the GIS dept., recently ran the Chicago Marathon and is going to run Hood to Coast in Oregon this summer...I have a link to her blog on the right), Holly (works for Kroger as a project manager...also an engineer, she is currently training for the Mini Marathon in May and the Carmel Sprint Triathlon in April...we did this race last year together). We've had a lot of fun with these guys. During dinner they asked us if we have decided on any names yet. Well, we have! Our little girl's name is (drum roll) ... Dilyn Ava Ford. We thought about it a lot and had some things that were important to both of us to include, but overall it was a pretty easy decision. Mike came up with Dilyn (pronounced like the boy's name dilan) a while ago and I immediately liked it. For those of you who don't know, Mike and I share the same middle name...Lynn. I was named after my Grandpa on my mom's side, James Lynn, who passed away of a heart attack while we were visiting for Christmas when I was 8. I have very fond memories of him and thought it would be neat to have our first born named after 3 people which is why we chose to spell her name di-LYN. When I was a kid I always felt special to have been named after my grandpa and I hope she feels the same. I've always loved the name Ava, but didn't want to use it as a first name. With a name like Dilyn we needed a feminine middle name so Ava was a perfect fit. We can't wait to meet her. Another week and a half and I'll be in my 3rd trimester!!! Hard to believe! Can't wait!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful name. I love the way you're spelling it too. Your baby is going to be such a lucky little girl. Miss ya!
Kimi

Anonymous said...

VERY cute name!!!! Congrats!!!

siddoway said...

Jamie- What a cute name. I love it for a girl. That was actually one of our names if we had a boy, but I like is so much more for a girl. keep us posted=) hayley

Anonymous said...

Mike and Jamie,
I love the sonogram photos...how cute is she. I like your name choice for her!! I have a nephew named Dylan but never thought about it for a girl......VERY CUTE!! Haven't seen ya since the Scneider party, but hopefully one of these days we can get together.
Kathleen Gaither

Anonymous said...

FYI - You spelled it's name wrong.

Just sayin'

-Logan