I will be 24 weeks along on Wednesday (today is Sunday). My last appointment was at 22 weeks. The heartbeat was strong and my measurements were right on. I have gained about 11 pounds for those of you that are curious. The most exciting part of the visit was that my doctor (Dr. Kristine Bolin) was able to sneak me in for a quick ultrasound to see if we could confirm the sex of the baby. The technician made me promise to name the baby after her (Nadine) if she snuck me in (that's obviously not gonna happen...sorry to all the Nadine's out there). At first the baby was being difficult, but after a few seconds both Dr. Bolin and Nadine spotted 'the goods'...we are now 100% sure that we're having a girl!!! It's nice to be 100% sure about it. No more worrying about keeping all of the tags and receipts for all the baby stuff.
The first ultrasound image below is from my most recent scan. The faint, white arrow is pointing to her girl parts! The 2 oval shapes are her legs and bum.
The ultrasound image below is from my 20 week scan. The first image is a profile of her head and chest. The dark spot in her chest is her heart. The second image is a picture of her legs and bum (similar to the 22 week scans).
She has been moving a lot more these days. She moves the most in the morning and in bed at night. My parents were in town this weekend and they got to see her whirling around. So much fun. Definitely my favorite part of being pregnant. What else has been going on in our world? Well, Mike has been at Ameripath now for 2 weeks and really likes it. He's been learning a lot which he really enjoys. In the mornings he's been working in Histology cutting specimens and in the afternoon he's been working in Pathology Support accepting and categorizing specimens. He's seen some pretty weird things. The other day a leg came in. He's also seen an umbilical cord and many uterus's so he's getting quite familiar with the birthing process.
We've also gotten a lot of snow lately...about 14" in Brownsburg, Indiana (our home town). A lot of companies/schools were closed on Tuesday & Wednesday. I just took this picture of our house today. As I mentioned above, my parents came to visit this weekend as well. My mom and I did a little baby shopping, we went out for breakfast today and yesterday, we watched a couple movies and hung out. It was so good to have them here. I wish they lived a bit closer. It was fun to have family here who are just as excited about our little one as Mike and I are.
1 comment:
The ultra sound pictures are great. I can't wait to see how much your belly has grown and hear about Mike's job.
Holly:)
Post a Comment