26 weeks...I can hardly believe that I am in my last trimester! Wow! Little Dilyn has been growing for a half of a year already! She is certainly getting bigger as you can tell by my belly in the picture. I'm getting a little bigger myself...I've gained 15 pounds as of this morning. Dilyn only weighs about 2 pounds right now so we'll both be packing on some more before she gets here. A lot of people ask me if I have any weird cravings. I do crave some things, but nothing like pickles and ice cream. I've been into hot dogs which is a little odd for me and I still love Mexican food. When I have a sweet tooth I usually crave sour gummy worms (I happen to be enjoying some right now...mmmmm). For the most part I eat the same things I did before I was pregnant.
What has the last trimester brought? Well, for starters my doctor visits have increased to every other week. A bit of a pain to fit into my work schedule, but I really enjoy going and listening to her heartbeat and checking in with the doc. No matter what kind of a day I've had the doctors visits always seem to put me in a great mood. Overall, I feel great, but I have certainly started to feel a bit more pregnant...mainly a little tired and achy, but certainly nothing to complain about. I went for my last run about a week ago. The next day my ankles were swollen and my back was killing me. Sticking to a little less jarring exercises now. I wake up in the middle of the night at least once and Dilyn won't let me sleep past 8am on the weekends. She's usually moving all over the place by then. Other than that I feel about the same. For the most part I am really enjoying being pregnant and experiencing everything for the first time.
Mike painted Dilyn's room last weekend and we put together the crib. It is so strange to walk by what use to be an empty room and see a crib. I will be sure to post some picture of the baby's room when we're done with it. We still have so much to do before Dilyn is born, but the list is slowly, but surely starting to dwindle.
Thanks to everyone who has posted such nice comments. We really enjoy reading them. I can't wait to start posting pictures of Dilyn. They will be a bit more exciting than my ever expanding belly.
7 comments:
Hi Guys
Jamie is looking mighty cute for being in her last trimester! I'll bet Mike is looking pretty cute, too. Grandpa, I'm sure, is proudly watching over the three of you...really liking the name of Dilyn. Always being a Ford fan, I'm sure he is very happy. I'm looking forward to seeing little Dilyn. Love, Karen/Mom
I can't keep up with all the changes. Dilyn is a cute and a clever way of including a "family" name. Your Grandpa would be so excited and proud.
Have fun and enjoy the quiet times.
Hugs and kisses
Marilyn
Jamie you look so good and so cute! It's so fun to get the babies room finished and to feel everything for the first time. Thinking of you guys often.
.... from kimi! i always forget to write me name! lol
Jamie,
You don't look like you have gained 15 pounds! You are the cutest, petite little pregnant woman I have seen. Keep up the good work! -Travis's wife, Kathleen
Looks like your doing great sis! I'm sure you're both having a blast getting the place ready for the new addition...I can't wait to meet her!
Love,
Dustin
Enjoy little Dilyn every minute! My "baby" is leaving in August for College. I knew this day would come, and after 18 years, I'm still not prepared. Never pass the opportunity to rock her and hold her in your arms - before you know it, they're gone!
Post a Comment