Saturday, March 31, 2007

Gotta Love Mama Joe

Last Friday my mom came into town for a much needed weekend of girl time, shopping and preparation for little Dilyn. Between the three of us we really got a lot done. My mom and I picked out and ordered furniture for the master bedroom, purchased the stroller, car seat, some baby clothes and miscellaneous stuff for Dilyn's room. Mike painted and put up the crown molding and my mom got the first coat on Dilyn's dresser and table. She also painted a large 'D' to hang on the wall. By the end of her trip I was feeling pretty good about how much we got done...THANKS MOM! On Monday morning she was able to come to my doctor's appointment with me. It was really fun to have her there to share in the excitement. She got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. My measurements and Dilyn's heartbeat were right on...yeah. The picture at the top is us at Starbuck's after the appointment. The pictures to the left are my belly at 28weeks. My mom insisted on a front view. My mom took them on Saturday before we headed out the door to do our shopping. This weekend has been pretty productive as well. Mike finished painting the baby's furniture and I put all the hardware back on. By the end of today we will have Dilyn's room done except for a rocking chair. I've been in search for a simple wooden rocking chair (in black), but I haven't had any luck so far. I'm sure I'll come upon one over the next 2 months. Mike took the picture on the left yesterday...my 29 week profile. I took the picture of Mike yesterday too...can't you tell how much he loves to paint? Well, that's all for now. Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for reading! Love...Jamie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike looks thrilled!! (I will have to remember him when we need some painting done!) Glad to hear you & your mom got a lot done in the rooms... that is a big relief and I am sure it was awesome to spend time with her.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
I appreciate the whole blog thing so much..... I am getting very excited and I am glad your feeling well and doing great.

Youre awesome!

Love,
Chad

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys and Mom had such a great time. Makes it worth me being here alone. Guess we will have to eat once at Kona's.
Mike must enjoy painting about as much as I do. Looking forward to seeing you all the end of April. Also looking forward to seeing the results of all the work you have done. Glad you are feeling so well. You look great also.

Love ya,

Dad

Anonymous said...

Mike and Jamie, not much longer of a wait! You are going to be great parents. You are the sweetest and most fun people! Jamie, hope you are feeling well, and I'm thinking of you. You look adorable.

Kimi

Unknown said...

You look great! You have to be the cutest mom-to-be. I wish you were closer so I could share in all of this changing you are going through. Tell Mike hi, and let's see some pictures of the baby room. I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

So sorry I'm not there to help Mike with the painting. Just kidding! Hang in there, it's almost over. Just kidding, it will never end.
You guys are doing great...so glad you have the blog to keep the rest of us updated. Thank you.
Love you both...take care.
Hugs and kisses
Marilyn