Sunday, January 28, 2007

It's a Girl???

Well, a lot has happened since my last entry. First of all, Mike has accepted a new job at Ameripath (http://www.ameripath.com/)!!! He will be starting school at IUPUI (http://www.iupui.com/) in the fall to obtain a Certificate in Hystotechnology. It is a 10-month program, but he will be required to take 1 or 2 prerequisites this summer. Having a job at a lab is a requirement to be accepted into the program, but it is very difficult to get hired without any experience. Mike will be the first employee that was hired at Ameripath without prior experience that will be going through the program. They were very excited about his interest in the field and his interest in obtaining his Certificate. He starts on February 5th. Needless to say, Mike is really looking forward to starting his new career and I couldn't be more happy for him! Onto the baby news...We had our first ultrasound on Friday. What an experience. It was so incredible to actually see the baby moving around. I can hardly believe that the little human on the screen is living inside of me. I know people have babies everyday, but now that I'm experiencing it I really appreciate how amazing the whole process really is. The heart was beating like crazy (138bpm to be exact) and we could see all four chambers pumping away. We immediately started asking questions, but the technician quickly reminded us that she would narrate as she went (a polite way of telling us to zip it). We kept our mouths shut for a while, but started leaking out questions towards the end. We told her we'd like to know what the sex was if she could tell. We started to get discouraged after the third try...the baby was too polite and kept it's legs closed. She asked us if we had any feeling about whether we were having a boy or girl and Mike said he thought it was a girl. She quickly said she thought he was right. So, as we were leaving I asked her how sure she was. I specifically asked if she was 75% sure and she quickly replied that she was more like 90%...good enough for me!! That said, IT'S A GIRL!!! The technician also told us that she was perfectly healthy and developing just like she should. She confirmed my due date of June 14th and told us the baby weighed in at 11 ounces. On Saturday morning we went to Target to do a little shopping and couldn't resist...we each picked out a little girls outfit. I picked out a little sundress with cute little pockets on the front (shown on the right). Mike found a precious jean skirt and white top (shown on the left). It was a blast. I can't wait for her to wear them. The next challenge is picking out a name. Now that we're focusing on girl names it should be a little less stressful. We have a couple ideas, but haven't decided on anything yet. We'll let everyone know when we do. We've got another 19 and a half weeks to figure it out.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A baby girl! I can't wait to hold the sweet little bundle. She will be so tiny. Darling little outfits!! Cutest little jean skirt and little top. A sweet little sundress.

It's fun to see Jamie grow into motherhood but to actually hear her talk about it is really special. The depth of the love that develops for your children as parents is unfathomable. It's crazily undescribable. We are so blessed & lucky for ours,as well as Mike & Chelsea.

Congratulations!! -to Mike for the new job and the school. I'm excited to learn about some interesting things. You must have made a great impression for you to be hired without any experience. Pretty cool.

We are looking forward to the blogs to come.

Love ya all,

Mom

Anonymous said...

Yeeeeaaaaa, it's a girl, I'm so excited for you guys!!!!! They have so many adorable things for little girls especially with summer coming up, I understand why you couldn't resist buying clothes already. Can't wait to find out what the little princess' name will be. Congratulations also to Mike. What a great accomplishment. The medical field is a great career to be in, you'll love it. Just goes to show that it was meant to be with you getting a job in the lab right away. That's how is was with Brian getting into PA school, it all fell into place and it felt like it was meant to be. Hope you two are enjoying every day of the pregnancy, it's an amazing gift. I just wish Allison was here to get the good news, I know she's watching over us though and she knows. We love you guys and can't wait to see you in June.
Love, Brian and Emily

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jamie and Mike! I was on pins and needles all weekend waiting to find out. Kevin and I are so happy for you! I can just imagine Mike and your little girl having tea parties :) Being pregnant is such an exciting time and believe me each time you hold your child in your arms it is still amazing that this little being came from you. Truly one of Gods great gifts. I look forward to seeing your belly grow and grow!

Missy

Anonymous said...

Of course this child will be perfect...just like her mom and dad. A girl will be fun to spoil. How great for all of us to watch this happen.
Congrads to dad on the new job...way to go!
Hugs and kisses to all. Love ya

Marilyn

Desi said...

HI Jamie This is Sam! Iam very happy you are have a girl! I am io line playing PBS KIDS .I am getting very good at the computer.
Can hardly wait to seeyou.bye sam
ps grandma is typing

Anonymous said...

Faye said: I am glad I finally got my internet going and that you shared your site with your Aunties. I have it marked as a favorite. Glad to hear you are over the nausea stuff, But it seems like it was just yesterday we got the announcement and already know IT'S A GIRL We are happy for you and we are more than just happy that you have included us on the updates. Love you all, Faye and Ila

Anonymous said...

OH MAN! One of the first little outfits I bought was a dark blue velvet coat with matching bonnet (looked like something a young shirley temple would have worn) and it had matching white mittens. Which, living in the desert of California, my daughter wore ONCE. Hmmmm $1200 spent on it? WELL WORTH THE PRICE WHEN I GOT THE PIX BACK OF HER! That was the ONLY time she wore it! hahaha