The Countdown Continues
22 weeks to go. Mike took the picture on the right yesterday morning. As you can see my belly is growing. For the past 2 weeks I have been feeling the baby move too! At first the little kicks were hard to make out, but they have been getting stronger and stronger. Mike has been able to feel the movements by placing his hand on my belly for about a week now. Today was the first day that I could actually see the outside of my belly move when the baby was moving...a big kick pushed my stomach out just left of my belly button for a quick second...very exciting!
My last doctor's appointment was on Wednesday. The doctor said the heartbeat was a little on the fast side which indicates a girl (not always the case). The Chinese Gender Chart also indicates a girl. I'm not very superstitious, but it's still fun.
Mike and I went up to my parents' house last weekend to celebrate Christmas with my family. It was a lot of fun and so good to see everybody. While we were there they had a surprise baby shower for me. It was really funny to see all my brothers participating in the baby games. One of the games consisted of making a baby out of Playdough...needless to say we had some pretty good laughs. Among other things, we got some really cute clothes for the baby, a gift certificate to Baby Gap and a crib!! To see the crib simply click this link http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2334507&cp=2255986.2256245.2256274&view=all&parentPage=family.
We absolutely love it. It should be arriving at our house any day now. Can't wait to get it set up. I'm sure it will get us motivated to finish the rest of the baby room. We're looking forward to shopping at Baby Gap for some cute clothes once we find out the sex of the baby. A special thanks to my family for a lovely baby shower!
7 comments:
What a fun family. They are all so nice looking too.
jamie, you are tooooo cute! i'm so happy for you. isn't it fun to feel the baby, and watch it make your stomach move? you look adorable! glad you're doing well.
p.s. from kimi! ;o)
Lookin good lady!!! See you soon!
Tom
Jamie!
You look adorable!! How fun to feel the baby move, it's amazing that's a little person growing inside of you! I love doing the 34 week ultrasounds at work. I can really feel the babies kick at that point because they've gotten so strong. It's fun to watch them open and close their eyes and throw their hands over their face when we're trying to get a good shot, they have such personalities even then. I just wish we live close so I could scan you. Do you think you'll get the 3-D? Anyways I have to call you, so hopefully we'll get a hold of each other soon... after about 5 rounds of phone tag. Tell your family we say hi!
Love, Emily
Hi Cutie!!! I remember when we first felt Dustin move in your Mom's tummy. It was pretty cool. Pretty soon the baby will be kicking hard enough to wake you up at night.
You will have a lot of firsts with your first baby. I would bet you are already starting to think about life a little differently than you did.
This is an exciting time and your blog will help you capture and remember it. Great idea!
You have always been a great daughter and will be a great Mom. We are looking forward to your entering into this next stage in you and Mike's lives.
We are really glad you married such a neat guy. Mike will be a great father. You two continue to take good care of each other and the new Ford. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Love, Dad and Mom
Jamie... You look great. This is such an exciting time. I'm glad you're blogging for people who don't get to talk to you every day and are happy to hear all the little details of your experience. You and Mike are going to be great parents. So it's a girl! CONGRATS! Lots and lots of PINK!!! :o)
Kimi
Post a Comment