Sunday, December 17, 2006

It's Alive

The baby is due on June 14th. Mike's dad is pulling for a few days earlier so the baby is born on his birthday which would be just fine by me. I have been pregnant now for 14 and a half weeks, but other than being nauseous and hungry for very unhealthy food haven't really felt like I was until about 2 and a half weeks ago. At 12 weeks Mike and I heard the heartbeat for the first time. At that moment it became very real...there is a baby growing and living inside of me...how neat is that. For those of you who are curious the heartbeat was about 145bpm.
A lot has happened since we heard the heartbeat. The one thing I am most thankful for is my nausea has simmered down. I have also started seeing new numbers as I step onto the scale in the morning. So far I have gained about 4 pounds so I feel like I still have things under control. We'll see how long that lasts. If the sour patch kids and the Hershey bar I just ate have anything to do with it the whole 'under control' feeling won't last long. Another exciting thing is I have started to show. You can thank Mike for the lovely picture above that he took last night.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just checking to see how this works

Timm Family said...

Jamie and Mike,
What a great idea, I love to log on and see what you guys are up to. I can't believe your showing Jamie, you are going to be soooo cute pregnant. We can't wait to see you guys in June. Merry Christmas!
Love, Brian and Emily

Anonymous said...

Great news! Another race car driver! I should be there in June, can't wait to see the baby!! Have a good Christmas!
Tom

Anonymous said...

Great idea with the blog guys, Chelsea says you look cute prego...I'm guessing boy...looking forward to seeing you kids and the rest of the clan come January!

Dustin

Unknown said...

Jamie you look so cute, and you really are glowing. Thank you so much for the Christmas card. I hope I make it out to see you guys soon... Tell Mike and the baby I said hi and Merry Christmas

Desi said...

Jamie this is wonderful,we can go here every day! You look Beautiful!
We can hardly wait. Desi

Anonymous said...

Finally got to your blog. Pretty Cool ( 60's Vernacular). Either the baby has grown a lot since Thanksgiving or you are sticking your belly out. Looking forward to seeing you in January. Love, Dad

Barb said...

Jamie & Mike
you're going to be awesome parents! i can't wait to feel the little tike kick!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you. :o) You look so cute in your picure. I can't wait to meet a new part of your life. This baby is going to have great parents! Love ya lots.
Kimi

Anonymous said...

How fun is this!
Mike and Jamie, you are going to be such great parents. And what a cute "little" mommy-to-be you are, Jamie. This is so cool. It will be fun to check the blog for updates and changes. And what a great thing to do for your curtain climbers and their curtain climbers. It happens. We are sooo excited to have a new little one join our family.

Love, Mom/Grandma/Karen

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to see the THREE of you!!! This blog thing is really a good idea...not only can everyone keep up to date but it saves memories as well so the "curtain climber" can look back on it later in life...as well as everyone else...

Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you for sharing the fun with the rest of us. You look so cute and sweet. You guys are going to do great. Hugs and kisses
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Just got this from Sarah. Glad to see your both doing so well, bet you can’t until next Christmas. Merry Christmas Love from Larry & Denny Turner

Anonymous said...

Dear Jamie,
I can't wait until you have your baby. I really want it to be a girl, because if you have a boy, I will have fire comming out of my whole body. What do you think it is?
When are you going to see us? I really want to see you! You absolutly look georgous pregnate.

Have a Merry Christmas
P.S. I love you guys..
Brooke Kerley

Anonymous said...

Mike and Jamie,
What a great idea, You are alot happier pregnate lady then I ever was!!!!! You look good. I hope you guys have a good christmas, wish you were here.
talk to ya soon,
lisa

Anonymous said...

OK,let's get the pool going. at 145 bpm - my guess is a GIRL!