Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Beginning

I am finally beginning my blog and not a minute too soon. As many of you know, Mike and I are expecting our first curtain climber (as Mike would put it) and I hope to use this blog as a means to keep everyone interested up to date on both the pregnancy and our lives in general. Speaking of the curtain climber, why don't I start from the beginning (not the very beginning)... Mike and I went to dinner at the Macaroni Grill during a week night in early October. It's not typical for us to eat out on a week day, but I had a surprise for him so I thought we'd go to dinner. We had some yummy food and good conversation. Towards the middle of the meal I said "Wouldn't it be exciting if we found out I was pregnant tonight?" The surprise I brought to the restaurant was a pair of Birkenstocks that he's wanted for quite some time. He was thrilled, but the Birk's quickly lost the limelight. When we got home from dinner I decided to take a pregnancy test and along came surprise #2...there was a second, faint line that indicated I was pregnant! I decided to take another test and sure enough, the results were the same. I went to the living room to tell Mike, but since the line was so faint I didn't feel comfortable saying 'I'm pregnant' so I said 'I think I might be pregnant'. We were both excited and immediately started calculating the due date. The next day I went to the store and bought another test. I wanted one that had a clearer result so I chose one that indicates a cross when positive. I immediately saw a cross...I really was pregnant!

No comments: