Friday, June 1, 2007

The Whole Story...

Okay...here's the story. WEDNESDAY night at 10:30pm my water broke. It was more of a slow leak...nothing like you see in the movies. At the time we weren't really sure about what was going on so I decided to go to bed and see what happened. I woke up at 1:30am with small contractions and more water. The contractions started at about 20 minutes apart then 15, 10 and stopped at about 8 minutes apart. By then it was 4am so I called my doctor who told me to go to the hospital to get checked out. I quickly took a shower while Mike was packing the car and a half hour later we were in the car on our way. Mike was going pretty fast so I reminded him that we had plenty of time to get there. He said 'but this is our hospital drive'. He slowed down a bit, but still speed a little. We went to triage for a resident confirmed that my water broke and said I was dilated to 2cm and 100% effaced. She felt my tummy and guessed that Dilyn would weigh 6lbs2oz. She was pretty dang close. She also told me she thought I wouldn't deliver until dinner time...well, I didn't even make it to lunch. I went to the labor and delivery where they put me on pitosin (sp?) to get the contractions going. I was there for about 3 hours before I asked for the epideral. She told me I couldn't have one yet. An hour later (about 9:30am)my contractions for about 3 minutes apart and not fun at all. I dilated to 3cm and my doctor said I was good to go with the epideral...what a relief! We were both so tired and the epideral gave me enough relief that we both slept for about an hour. She nurse came in to check on me and sure enough I was already dilated to 10cm!!! I slept through my labor! We called my parents who were already in route from Wisonsin. They were about an hour away. I was hoping they would make it in time for the delivery so my mom could be in the room with us. Well, the nurse told me I'd probably be pushing for a while so our fingers were crossed in hopes that they would make it in time. I started pushing around 11:30am and Dilyn entered the world at 11:48. Mike even cut the umbilical cord! I don't know how to explain the experience. I'm tearing up just writing about it. It was overwhelming and emotional. What a special moment. One I will never forget. And now we have a beautiful, perfect little girl. My parents showed up about a half hour later. Mike is so good with her...a natural! He's been changing diapers, changing her clothes and help me get around. I am feeling much better today than yesterday and we are looking forward to going home tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who came to visit little Dilyn last night. I was so happy we were able to share the joy with the people we love. Dilyn is really looking forward to meeting her Grandma and Grandpa Ford, her uncles, aunts and cousins!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story! I'm glad everything went smoothly!!! :o) I was checking all day long to see if you had more pics up. hhaha.. perks on still being home with Cam :o) You guys look beautiful and Dilyn's looking really alert! She's ready for the world. Keep us "posted"! :o)

Anonymous said...

Mike and Jamie,
She is adorable, I love the new pictures of her! We can really see what she looks like. I am so jealous that you slept through your labor and you only pushed for 18 min! I can only hope for that!!!! Congratulations again, thanks for keeping in touch with all of us and making us a part of this special time.
Love, Emily

Anonymous said...

Mike and Jamie
You have such a beautiful baby girl. Congradulations! It will be a joy to watch Dilyn grow. You guys are going to be great parents.
Love to all
Marilyn
ooxx

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS, SHE'S SO BEAUTIFUL! CONGRATULATIONS! your labor sounds like it went pretty awesome! what more can you ask for, she came early, you slept through your labor, and only pushed for a short amount of time! i got goosebumps and a little teary myself reading your story. welcome dilyn, and congratulations mike and jamie! thanks for sharing your pregnancy! i hope to meet her soon. xoxoxo
kimi

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! You are a baby making machine. I can't believe how easy it was for you, I only hope mine goes so smooth. You two made the sweetest little baby and I am so excited to see you two as parents. Maybe Andy and I will be able to come visit soon and meet the cute little button. I hope you feel good and cograts again, The Holt Family

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both of you on a beautiful baby, sounds like everything went well, great job Jaime!! Post some pics of Mike changing diapers!! Can't wait to see all of you in October!
Take care,
Tom