MIKE IS 30 YEARS OLD!!! Mike turned 30 on Friday! I can hardly believe it. We met when he was only 20...time flies when you're having fun. Doesn't he look great...I've got to admit...I'm a lucky girl. We had a pretty busy week. Tori and Sarah came into town from Boise last Saturday night. Unfortunately, Mike and I had to work all week, but they had a lot of fun exploring Indiana and other surrounding states during the day and then we met up with them in the evening. I was glad they could be here for Mike's birthday...we all went to Fast Times (a local go-kart track) where Sarah and I watched Tori and Mike ride (Sarah is expecting too so we weren't able to ride, but it was fun to watch). Here's a picture of Mike and Tori getting ready for their turn on the track...
Mike was 3rd quick for the entire day. He was hoping for first since it was his birthday, but I think he was pretty happy with 3rd. After go-karts we played miniature golf...what a blast. It's been years since any of us had played. We had a great time. Yesterday, we had a small BBQ and bonfire in Mike's honor. Tori and Sarah were able to eat before they had to leave to catch their plane back to Boise. It was a great night with friends...yummy food, bocce ball and laughing by the fire (by the way...congrats to Holly for completing her first half marathon!!!).Today we are back to reality. Mike has started on his online prerequisite courses for the Histotechnology program he is trying to get into. We looked at his schedule and he has got so much school work to get done in a short amount of time. He's been studying all day today. It's going to be a lot of work, but it will be worth it. He's still enjoying his job at Ameripath and is looking forward to meeting Dilyn.
Dilyn has been pretty busy too. She moves all the time and we've been having a lot of fun watching my belly take odd shapes with her motions. We only have 5 and a half weeks until the due date. It's really creeping up. Mike mentioned that we should pack our bags for the hospital soon just in case Dilyn decides to arrive a little early. That really hit home...we could be going to the hospital any day, most likely in 5 and a half weeks, but really it could happen any day. I've been feeling pretty good considering I'm 8 months pregnant. I've gained 20 pounds now and have really been trying to stay active. So far, so good. I have to admit that I am looking forward to sleeping however I want and going for a run with a pace faster than a 13 minute mile and for longer than a half of a mile at a time. More than anything I am looking forward to being a mom and to watch Mike be a dad.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Mike! Jamie you are looking so cute. I love your dress. It's so cute. Glad to hear you are feeling good, and it's awesome that you're staying active! Good luck to you when the big day arrives!
Love,
Kimi
Happy birthday Mike!! I heard it was a great weekend for you and was sorry to miss it. We will catch up soon, for sure. The baby shower blog post was awesome and we are so excited for you guys to meet Dilyn!
"I have to admit that I am looking forward to sleeping however I want" I had to chuckle at this sentence you wrote- yes you can sleep 'however' you want; but I can verify you will not be sleeping 'whenever' you want. Honestly, at this point, I am not sure which type of sleep I prefer.
You look awesome! Enjoy these last weeks of anticipation!
Nicole (from Schneider)
Happy Birthday Mike!
Thirty is a great age for you. One of the things to look forward to is hearing your little girl call you, "da da" and Jamie "ma ma" for the first time. Pretty exciting! Love ya both tons. Karen
Post a Comment