Sunday, May 27, 2007

2 weeks...

Well,technically I have 2 weeks and 3 days left, but I've taken the liberty of rounding down. I realize that it's more likely to deliver after your due date with your first baby, but my fingers are crossed for just before or on my due date. If Dilyn is stubborn my doctor will induce me if I go more than a week past my due date (June 14th). I am still feeling pretty good, but in the past week as Dilyn has started to make her way down she has found a nerve that she likes to push on. When she hits it it shoots pain down my inner thighs...weird. I've also experienced a few more contractions...most likely braxton hicks, but contractions non the less. They haven't been really painful...just a little uncomfortable. My hips have also started to hurt a bit...especially at night. I think it's from her moving down and the fact that I've slept on my hips for the past 8 months. Okay, you've probably caught on by now, but I am READY to have this little girl. The last crucial thing on our list was to find a pediatrician and I liked the first one I met with which was last Thursday. I've decided that if I don't get to cleaning out my cupboards prior to Dilyn being born that life will go on. I would just like for her to get here. Mike took this picture right before we went to our friends, Amber and Zach's wedding reception. They held a separate reception for friends only (they had a destination wedding) at Amber's dad's house in southern Indiana. It was a very casual (as you can probably tell by what I'm wearing), but beautiful setting. I was glad we were able to celebrate their special occasion. Congratulations to Amber and Zach!!! Well, that's all for now...just waiting...we'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie, you look absolutely beautiful! Holding sweet little Dilyn is only around the corner now. I wasn't surprized when on the phone yesterday you said you were on your way to work out. It sounded like any other day. Now, after 'seeing' and hearing how close you are to delivery, I am amazed.

Hang in there, Sweetie. My bags are packed and I am out the door as soon as I get the call. I can't wait to see you and Mike -the two proud new parents- and of course, sweet little Dilyn. eek!

Love ya,
Mom/Karen/Gma

Anonymous said...

Jamie, you are such a cute pregnant girl! I remember the last few weeks very well, have mike rub your feet for you! It sounds like you are doing very well. I hope everything goes really smooth for you all and I hope she comes early for you! I'll be thinking about ya! If you need any help with anything please let me know. I'm just around the corner. :o)

Anonymous said...

Mike and Jamie,
I don't know if you'll get this while your in the hospital, but in the chance that you are looking at this while waiting around I wanted to express how excited I was. I just got your text message that your water broke and you were admitted. I can't believe it, two weeks early!! Good luck with the laboring process, I know you'll do great. Let us know details as soon as she arrives!!! Congratulations!!!
Love, Brian and Emily