Sunday, May 3, 2009

french lick

Well, thanks to my mom and dad we were able to sneak out of town for the night. Our destination...French Lick Resort and Casino. Well, actually we stayed at the newly renovated West Baden. Below is a picture from the balcony of our room... After we got settled in we were off to our couples massage. We've done this twice now, the first time in Jamaica. LOVE doing this together. Although I do have a funny story...after the massages started I heard some loud breathing...at first I was thinking to myself...'Mike, this is very expensive and supposed to be relaxing. Your loud breathing is going to ruin everything!! Stop!!!' Well, after they moved down to massage our feet I still heard the breathing, but now it was coming from Mike's feet. Oops...sorry for mentally screaming at you babe...it was the masseuse all along. After the massages we got our bathing suits on and relaxed by the pool and soaked in the hot tub. After that we got showered up and were off to The Steakhouse at French Lick for some delicious cuisine. I had fried green tomatoes for the first time...delicious. After dinner we were off to the craps table for some gambling. Fun! Below is a picture of us in the foyer at French Lick. After gambling we headed back to West Baden for a few drinks and then off to bed. The next morning after breakfast we took a train tour through the city. Here's a picture of Mike on the train we rode prior to hooking it up to the rest of the train carts.
For those of you living in Indiana I would certainly recommend French Lick/West Baden for a weekend getaway. Thanks mom and dad!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Yeah, pics! I miss you guys. I know you've been really busy so thanks for updating your blog. Looks like a nice place for a getaway. Love ya xoxo