For 3 years of my career I managed all of the Estridge (a mostly residential developer/builder in Indiana) projects at Schneider and am still very much a part of their projects. Recently they taped the 2 hour finale for the ABC show Extreme Makeover. Here is the link to the website with additional photos, etc. I spent a Sunday afternoon/night volunteering to do the construction staking of the house and library for the McFarland family here in Indianapolis, IN. About a month ago I took pictures of the old house, but don't have them downloaded on this computer...perhaps a later post. Below are pictures of the demo/house staking experience. It was soooo cold...
Me...
Bobby and Scott (the guys I volunteered with from my company)...
Wednesday...a picture from the VIP tent.
Paul Estridge Jr. and Mr. McFarland, the receiver of the home and library.
The final product completed within 106 hours...amazing. For those of you that are curious...I did see Ty Pennington and the blond girl, Paige. Also, stay tuned for the show on May 17th. There's a VERY, VERY slim chance that I'll actually be on the show. It was certainly a very cool experience. It was exciting and uplifting to be apart of something like this during these hard times. I was out of town on 'move that bus' day so I'm looking forward to seeing the expressions of the McFarlands on TV...


Bobby and Scott (the guys I volunteered with from my company)...
Wednesday...a picture from the VIP tent.
Paul Estridge Jr. and Mr. McFarland, the receiver of the home and library.
The final product completed within 106 hours...amazing. For those of you that are curious...I did see Ty Pennington and the blond girl, Paige. Also, stay tuned for the show on May 17th. There's a VERY, VERY slim chance that I'll actually be on the show. It was certainly a very cool experience. It was exciting and uplifting to be apart of something like this during these hard times. I was out of town on 'move that bus' day so I'm looking forward to seeing the expressions of the McFarlands on TV...


A few days later...the house is framed...
5 comments:
What an great experience. It's exciting just looking at the pictures. I can't imagine being a direct part of such a project. I'm sure the MacFarland's are still in shock. I'm sure they are also very thankful.
I can't wait to see the show in May.
You saw Ty? I need more than that. Can't wait to talk.
Great job. So cool. Love ya.
What a fun experience!
Wow! That's awesome! They turned out amazing... I bet that was so great to be a part of! Good job!
Wow, Jamie. I had no idea. What a great experience! They actually built a house back where I'm from in one of my friend's neighborhood. I'll have to remember to watch the show.
Hey Jamie
Pretty impressive...I guess all those shifts at Shari's paid off.
Extremely proud and excited for you. Good luck on your next adventure.
Marilyn
ooxx
Post a Comment