Saturday, June 14, 2008
PE
Okay...in my world PE doesn't stand for Physical Education...it stands for Professional Engineer. For those of you are aren't familiar after obtaining a Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering (or any discipline of engineering) and over 4 years of experience you are eligible to apply to take the Professional Engineering Exam, an 8 hour multiple choice test of which you can choose the discipline and an emphasis for the afternoon. I, of course, chose Civil Engineering for the overall discipline and Water Resources/Environmental for the emphasis. I am not at all an Environmental Engineer, but Water Resources is my background so I went with it. After 2 months of anxiously waiting, trying not to think about it to avoid the uncomfortable swirling in my stomach, yesterday I found out that I passed and can now put the 'PE' after my name...here it is for the first time: Jamie Ford, PE. Hmmm...I like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations Jamie Ford, PE!!!!! Pretty impressive. We know this means a lot to you. We are very happy and proud of you.
It's amazing the discipline and perseverence you have. The way you juggled studying for the exam, along with putting in extra hours and responsibilities at work, attending to regular household duties, and making sure to spend quality time with Mike and little Miss Dilyn is absolutely incredible!
Yeah! You did it!!!!!
Love ya so much,
Mom
That is so great! Congrats!
congrats jamie!
b box
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I know it is such a big deal, and you spent so many hours studying while being a MOM. That's a big accomplishment!
Post a Comment