Sunday, October 7, 2007

Big Girl

Dilyn had her 4 month wellness visit last week where she weighed in at 13lbs130z and measured 24 inches long. The doctor gave us the go ahead to feed her rice cereal twice a day. My mom has been in town so between the two of us Mike hadn't had the chance to feed her yet. Here they are for their first cereal session...

The doctor also said she was ready for a toy that would help her stand so we went out today in search of one Dilyn would like. When she was born we bought a swing that she's used like five times so we were hoping to test her out in a couple different jumpers to see if she liked it. After a trip to Target and BabiesRUs and a test drive on 3 different jumpers we decided on this one. It was the first one we put her in and she seemed to really like it while we were at Target. We got it home, put it together and put her in it. She lasted about 5 minutes. She was kind of sleepy so I am hoping that was the deal.

Dilyn has also gotten really good at going to bed, but she is still getting up in the middle of the night sometimes. We use to have a little routine...after she had her bottle and was in her pajamas I would give her her binky and she would fall to sleep on my chest, then I'd put her down in her crib. We did that for a little over a month. Now, we're basically doing the same thing except she doesn't want me to hold her while she goes to sleep. She wants her space so she can sprawl out. I am proud of her independence, but I wish I could still have my cuddle time. I really miss it. I can't believe what a big girl she is already. I had to look at her pictures from the first week to remind myself what 6lbs1oz looked like...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute video of Daddy and Dilyn's cereal session. Four months has gone by so fast.

We like the Magical Mystery Tour Jumper. Does the baby book say anything about hyperstimulation?

This is so great! And there's so much more to come.