Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Ouch!

Dilyn had her 2-month wellness visit with Doctor Kelly yesterday. She is 11lbs1.5oz and 23.5inches. That puts her in the 50% for her weight and 90% for her height. I told her to enjoy it while it lasts because with her parents I don't think it's going to last long (being tall, that is). She has been a bit 'backed up' so we have been giving her a mixture of water and apple juice once a day, but it hasn't been doing the trick so now we are upping the amount to a full ounce once a day. If that doesn't work then we will just give her straight apple juice without the water. The poor little thing got her first set of shots too...3 to be exact. She looked like she was completely shocked that anyone would want to hurt her. After the shocked look faded she started screaming bloody murder. She quickly calmed herself down after I picked her up. I almost shed a tear myself, but held back. It was the loudest Mike and I had ever heard her scream. Poor baby. Here she is sporting her first bandaids while she slept (she was pretty tuckered out for the rest of the day). Today and yesterday she has had a little bit of a fever from the shots. The doctor told us to expect it and to give her Tylenol to keep it down. Well, this is a picture of our first attempt with the Tylenol...I don't think she got any in her mouth. This is horrible, but I just watched Hannibal Rising and this photo made me think of that...I know I'm horrible, but it's kind of funny...right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh... Clarise! :) It is straight out of Hannibal Rising or maybe Silence of the Lamns. Even with Tylenol stained mouth, she is still such a cutie.

Unknown said...

What a trooper! When my niece was a baby, my sister had to work and so I had to take her to her first doctor visits (I was only 16... and I recieved a lot of odd glares of others thinking she was my baby) ... they are just so straining to know you are taking them in there for pain, but in the end it is a great benefit... I would have totally understood if a tear had fallen! :)

Anonymous said...

jamie you are so funny. isn't it great learning to do things for the first time with your baby!?! those shots are a tough one, i always hated that. you said it right when you said she had a look on her face like why would anyone want to hurt me. it's such a nice feeling to be the one who can calm the baby down though. miss you. i really want to meet your little girl!
kimi

Anonymous said...

Hey Ford Family! Awww... the shots don't get any easier, trust me! :) But... we're doing what's best for our kids, right?! For the constipation.. Cam has gone through the same thing... Here are a couple things you could try (they both work/worked for Cam):
1.) Try bicycle legs...just gently push Dilyn's legs, one at a time, in towards her stomach. It helps massage her intestines and "gets things going"! :)
2.) If that doesn't work, try a q-tip with a little vasaline on the tip. Guess where to put it??!! I'm trying not to be too personal... but you just "swirl" (according to the doctor!) it around a bit.. only stick the cotton part in. That works like a charm! It's not very pleasant... BUT it DOES WORK! No doubt. Just make sure you keep a diaper under Dilyn.. she should go instantly.

Hope that helps! :) On a lighter note ... Mike got next Saturday off! SOOO... if it's still ok with you guys, we'd LOVE to come see you next Saturday!!!! Let us know. Can't wait to see you guys and to hold Dilyn! :)
~Tiff, Mike, Camryn

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the message! :) I bought an outfit for Dilyn today! I saw it while I was shopping and had to get it for her... I'm a sucker for girly clothes.. haha. :) We will definitely come! Can't wait to see you guys. We don't want to push your mom out of town :) She can stay and play if she wants! We need to get directions, if you guys remember which way you took when you came to visit us. If not that, I'll just mapquest it! Can't wait to see you and to hold your cutie... NO, not Mike... Dilyn! hahaha :) J/K. OH, and you're welcome for the advice. Anytime! That's what's nice about having friends with kids a little older... USUALLY they can lend some advice :)