


That evening was the dress rehearsal, but I didn't get any pics...sooo not like me. The following morning we had breakfast at Lisa's house with everyone then we were off to see more family and Christopher and Jamie's new house. Lots of fun and the house was adorable, but again I didn't take any pics. That afternoon I met up with some girlfriends in Eagle (my old stompin' grounds) were I didn't bring out my camera once. It was good to catch up with Chels and Tobruk. Patty, Tobruk's mom, even stopped by. That was a nice treat. Then Dilyn and I hiked it over to a nearby restaurant to meet up with some college friends. Thank goodness I remembered to take a picture...they were a little reluctant, but agreed to take it for the sake of the blog. Below is me, Laila, Rebekah and Jeff.
I met up with the rest of the family at Mike's Uncle and Aunt's house (Bill & Kim) where we had fried chicken and a few beers. The following morning we got up and went to Boise State to watch our nephew, Matthew, play in a football scrimmage. He did a great job! He had an interception in practice and almost got someones flag during the scrimmage. Below is a picture of 3 of Dilyn's cousins (Sean, Gus and Matthew) taken after the scrimmage inside BSU at the bookstore.
After a quick bite to eat we ran back to Lisa's to get ready for the wedding. Believe it or not I only have one picture of the beautiful bride, Jamie, and it doesn't even show her face. Grrrrrr. I was holding Dilyn during the ceremony and most of the reception so I didn't have the camera much. You will have to take my word for it that she looked absolutely stunning. I couldn't be happier for Christopher and Jamie. What a fun couple. I'm sure they are enjoying themselves in Oregon on their honeymoon.
Below is a picture of Mike with Christopher before the wedding got started...
Here is Aunt Lisa with Dilyn's other cousins, Brooke and Sam. Brooke was one of the beautiful flower girls in the wedding. Poor Sam was a little hungry and not much for smiling, but he still looks as handsome as ever.
Mom and Dilyn...
Family picture...
My brother, Chad, with me and Dilyn.
After a couple hours of the reception Uncle Chad and Grandma Karen took Dilyn back to Auntie Marilyn's for a slumber party so Mike and I could have an evening out. We enjoyed ourselves, but were sooo tired from the already busy weekend so we weren't out too late. After a drink at Cowgirls we were on our way back to Lisa's for a night of sleep without Dilyn. We both slept great, but were really eager to get our hands back on our little girl. The next morning we picked her up and got to see my brother, Dustin. He had flown in the night before just to meet Dilyn. From what I heard he had her most the night and the following morning...he even changed a diaper...now that's love. :) Here he is playing with her...
After a bit to eat at the Capri we were off to the airport. Dilyn was an angel, once again. Here she is with Mike at the Chicago Airport during our layover. She looks soooo cute in her little jogging outfit. Mike looks pretty cute too. What a fun trip!
11 comments:
Welcome back! I am so glad you had a wonderful time and the flight with Dilyn was good. I can't believe all the stuff you crammed into 3 days! I am so impressed. We missed you guys!
Sounds like a great trip... I am sure it was wonderful seeing family and the friends you have had for years! catching up is always fun to do! And it sounds like you had a lot of catching up to do :)
We are glad you are considering introducing Dilyn to camping, weather permitting... it should be a fun time, even if you can only make it down for a day.
Sounds like you had a Great Trip! I am glad the flights went well and Dilyn got to meet all of her family. I loved the pictures and can't wait to see more.
Hope to see you soon. I am ready for a run once I get back from our trip.
holy moly.. love the family photo at the wedding! You look great by the way after having Dilyn! Wish I could say the same!! Glad your first plane ride was a SUCCESS!
I haven't written anything for awhile, but I check your blog religiously and so does my mom. Your little princess is looking more precious every day. I love all the new pictures and the family picture of you guys at the wedding is adorable. How fun to get dressed up and show her off. Happy to hear that her first plane ride was success. Hopefully her tummy has settled down and she's ok with the soy milk now. We miss you guys, keep in touch!
Emily
Hey Jamie! I saw that you came to Boise... Next time you come to town and have a little more time to stay we should meet up, just like the good ol' days when I would visit in Boise. Hope all is well with you!
Jamie- it sounds like we both had the experience of no air conditioning! that was a long day. huh? well dilyn is getting so big. I think she is looking more like you. i am glad to hear the plane ride went good. that can be a stressful experience. well take care- hayley
i love your new pictures, jamie you are a hot mom! dilyn is getting so big. i bet it was nice to go back home and let everyone meet dilyn. sounds like you had a lot of fun!
kimi
Hi Guys
It was such a great week in Boise! It was so nice to be together again. To see everyone with Dilyn was absolutley priceless! Lots of love and happy Uncles and Aunties, Gma's and Grandpa's... not to mention the proud mommy & daddy.
The wedding was beautiful. Christopher and Jamie make a cute couple. It's always fun to see Desi & Jeff and everyone else. I can't believe how grown up Brooke and all the boys are.
I hope Dilyn has another all-nighter for you guys.
Love, Gma Karen
One more comment...In the last picture where Mike is holding her...Dilyn, seriously looks to me like a combination of Dustin, Jamie, Chad, Cory, and Mike.
I wouldn't be surprised if Desi is thinking that Dilyn looks like a combination of Christopher, Michelle, Lisa, Mike and Jamie.
Love ya.
Hey guys...
Thanks for the fun...I love it whenever we get together. Wow, that was quite a planning moment for all of us. Dilyn is so cute and sweet. She can slumber at my place anytime.
Got to run and pack.
Hugs and kisses
Marilyn
ooxx
Post a Comment