Tuesday, July 24, 2007

New Tricks...

My mom was in town this past week...what a help that was! On top of that my dad was able to come into town for the weekend too to celebrate his 55th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! Where did we go to dinner to celebrate?? Kona, of course. It was delicious and Dilyn was an angel. It was so helpful to have them here. My mom ate up every little minute she could get with her granddaughter and helped around the house when she wasn't doing that. My dad mowed the lawn and spent quite a bit of time with Dilyn too. He enjoyed helping her improve on her recent tricks...sticking her tongue out, making a clicking noise by pushing her tongue up against the top of her mouth and SMILING. That's right...SMILING! She isn't doing it all of the time, but is slowly getting the hang of it. Saturday the boys went golfing, Sunday my parents babysat while Mike and I went to a movie and on Monday my mom and I went to get pedicures. It was a great week/weekend. My parents left this morning for Boise and to Salmon to see family, but they will be back in a week. My dad will drive on home to Wisconsin, but my mom is going to stay to watch Dilyn since I go back to work full time starting Monday...I can't believe it has been almost 8 weeks since I've had little Dilyn. Well, since the real reason you all check out this blog is to see pictures of the princess...here you go! Happy Family... Smiling... Proud Grandma Karen... Thinking about smiling... Not a happy camper, but still looking cute in her lemon outfit...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I have a request.... I'm trying to figure out who Dilyn looks like :) So take a pic of you, Mike, and Dilyns' face close up, together. From the one pic, I think she looks like your mom! Which means she looks like you. :) Guess I'll have to wait and see her in person to decide! She's beautiful.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe how much she has changed just since the 4th of July, or I guess we celebrated on the 3rd... She is so cute!!! She looks so aware of her surroundings! Hopefully we'll all find reasoning to get together again soon so that we can see her again!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of her in the lemon outfit! Even pouty, she is adorable. Can't wait to see her (& you guys too of course) soon!

Holly said...

I love the lemon outfit. I can't wait to see her cute little smile.

Brian, Emily, Ashley, and Brody said...

She is just perfect, I love the new pictures you have of her. What a fun week you had with your parents. Hopefully it won't be too hard going back to work, I'm sure your mind will be at ease knowing your mom is there to take care of her though! Miss you tons!

LOVE, EM