My mom and dad were here until yesterday helping out and enjoying little Dilyn. It was so nice to have the company and the extra help. This is their first grandbaby so it was very exciting for them. It was so cute to see them with her and listen to my dad talk baby talk...too funny. Dilyn seemed to like. A special thanks for making my house sparkle before they left. What a relief to have a fresh start. Thanks again for everything. We're looking forward to the next visit. We love you! Dilyn has a little message for you in the photo on the left(we took this picture yesterday afternoon).
Today we had our first visit to the pediatrician, Dr. Anne Kelly. She wanted to see her today rather than at 1 week since she was such a small baby. So far so good. She hasn't gotten any longer, but she is already back at her birth weight! Typically they want babies back at their birth weight by 2 weeks. Dilyn is only 5 days so she is already ahead of the curve.
We were in the waiting room for about 10 minutes and with the doctor about 20 minutes, but we didn't leave for another hour. Dilyn decided she was hungry so she ate, burped, changed her diaper, ate some more and burped some more. We woke up to feed at 7:3o this morning and were busy getting ready until we walked out the door. So for a 30 minute visit at the doctor's office it took from 7:30am to 1:30pm. I think we're going to have to work on that a bit. We'll shoot for less than 5 hours next time...
6 comments:
I LOVE THE LAST PICTURE of Dilyn, with Mike holding her!!! She looks sooo peaceful! :) The appointments get easier! We didn't make it on time to Cam's doctor's appointment until her 4 month check-up!!!! :) Thanks for the update pics... she's too beautiful!
Love,
Tiff, Mike, Cam
Hi, Jamie. You don't know me...I'm a friend of Brooke's. She put a link to your blog on her blog. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful! I'm three weeks from my due date, and I've enjoyed reading your last few blog entries. It's nice to hear that someone else experienced EXACTLY the same thoughts and emotions I'm going through right now. Congratulations!
I love you too, Dilyn. You look so pretty in your new little outfit. You are a sweet, sweet baby girl. Mommy and daddy love you so much. You are so lucky to have such loving & caring parents. They are so happy. I love being a gma!
I can't believe I've missed two blog entries! Little Dilyn is so special, as are Mike & Jamie. They looked so cute together driving home from the hospital.
I'm so looking forward to seeing you all again. Dilyn will be smiling by then! It' all pretty exciting.
Love,
Gma Karen/Mom
-Happy 4th Anniversary- today!
Congrats on the newest addition and Welcome to the world Dilyn! I am so glad Emily shared this blog site with me. I have been wondering how you've been since her wedding. Glad to hear everything is going well for you guys.
I love looking at your blog when I get the chance- I realize how quickly they start to grow. Enjoy the little 6 pounder- it is kind of sad when you start placing away adorable outfits that are too small.
How are your nights going? The first 10 days were tougher for us- but we kept the room dark and they have since caught on to night and day. The boys still wake up frequently to eat (every 2-4 hrs); however, they go right back down again when they are full. And we have just moved them to their own room! I say I am averaging 5 hrs of sleep a night- the quality of the sleep depends on how they stagger the feedings (there has been only one night in the past 6 weeks where I have been able to sleep for 3 hrs straight). I hope Dilyn allows you some quality sleep!
Congrats again!
Nicole
Post a Comment