Monday, June 11, 2007

2 Firsts

Dilyn lost her umbilical cord yesterday afternoon while Mike was changing her. She was officially 10 days old. We were able to give her her real first bath. She wasn't too excited about it, but didn't scream bloody murder the whole time either. We'll see how she does tomorrow.
Dilyn also went for her first walk yesterday. It was my first walk since she was born too. It was a very slow walk...no sneakers required type of walk (as you can tell by the picture I'm wearing flip flops). According to http://www.mapmyrun.com we did manage to walk about a mile. This website is great by the way. For those of you wanting to know how far you went or are looking for a route to take you should check it out. Hopefully we'll be able to go farther soon.

This is what Dilyn looked like for most of the walk. She really liked it. As you can see she is just wearing a onesie. She is still too little to fit into most of her really cute clothes (all 0-3month sizes). I'm sure she'll fit into them soon. She is changing everyday. We just had to clip her fingernails for the second time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's Absolutely Beautiful! I am so happy for you both!!! I can tell that you make a great mom, but I never doubted that. I'm sure you have lots of help but if you ever need anything give us a call (even if it is late at night). Hope to get by soon to see you both, I'll give you a call.

Anonymous said...

You look so good! I can't believe it! I look like I'm still pregnant for about two months after having a baby.
Dilyn is so cute! I am so happy for you both!
Sounds like you guys are doing great!

Have great day!
Kristin (Taylor) Elliott