Saturday, May 15, 2010

mother's day

I got to go to my very first 'muffins with mommies' at Dilyn's school this year. It was so neat to see her with her little friends. The very best part was I could tell she is just as proud of me as I am of her. She introduced me to anyone that got close enough to hear her. I love our relationship and it keeps getting better and better. Today we were in Target trying on hats and having fun and in the middle of it all she said...'mama, I have a secret'. So, I leaned in and she said 'my secret is...i love you mama'. My eyes got misty and for those of you that get this...my nose fizzed. I am so lucky to be the 'mama' of Dilyn...sometimes Dilyn Ava Ford, but most of the time just Dilyn (every once in a while princess). I love you, sweetheart. On Mother's Day we took a quick trip to Target in search of a certain sheet set for her big girl bed (coming for her birthday). As we walked in the door she told me 'Happy Mother's Day' for the first time ever. She had a little prompting from her dad, but you could tell she had practiced. So sweet. We grabbed a cup of coffee before we did our shopping and I soaked in the hugs and kisses.
After Target we went to Mexi for a late lunch and then to the movies to see 'Oceans' by Disney. Perfect.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I'm so happy for you, sweets. It looks and sounds like being little Dilyn's mommy couldn't get any better. Guess what? It will. Never stops. Glad you had a wonderful Mother's day. xoxo : )

Holly said...

So Sweet.... I am sure you melted when she told you her big secret. Being a Mom is definitely the best!!!