Dilyn trick or treating.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
we were tricked
Last year Mike and I took Dilyn to the ZooBoo for Halloween and had a lot of fun. We were really looking forward to it this year and decided to go on Halloween Day so my parents could join in on the fun. Well, we got there about 4:30 pm and the Zoo closes at 5pm. We still thought about going, but then the lady behind the counter noticed Dilyn's costume and told us that the ZooBoo stopped last Sunday. What? Last Sunday? Was I crazy to think that they would be doing the ZooBoo on Halloween Day? Well, yes, I guess. So, I called the Circle Center Mall which is downtown and not too far from the Zoo. They said that some stores were handing out candy and that there would be kids dressed up so we decided to take our little Dinosaur there (there's another story to the dinosaur costume...I really wanted her to be a monkey and started looking for her monkey costume the beginning of October...I learned the beginning of October is WAY too late to be looking for a costume...man, I have got a lot to learn). Well, we got there and Dilyn was the only kid and we only found 2 places handing out candy. So, this is the only picture we got of Dilyn trick or treating. At least she's still young enough that she doesn't know how bad mommy messed up this year...:).
There is an upside to being the only little kid walking around the mall on Halloween. She got LOTS of attention and LOVED it...
Dilyn stopped at this bench to take a rest from walking around the mall. After taking all of our pictures on the bench I realized we were in front of a Victoria's Secret...oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love the costume!
I love the dinosaur!!!! And you should not feel bad about the zoo at all. You guys are great parents and went to a lot of trouble to make sure she had a great halloween. I probably would have quit after the zoo. Can't wait to see you guys soon!!!
What a cute dinosaur! Looks like you had a great time even if things didn't go exactly as planned!
How absolutely adorable! I love her costume!
Post a Comment