Monday, July 28, 2008

south haven - day 2

Day 2 (Saturday) Brooke and I started off the morning with a nice 3 mile run to the lake and through down while Keith and Mike fished at the pier (without any success). We met them for breakfast at Julia's, a little coffee house we found on our run, then checked out the Farmer's Market where I purchased and ate a ton of fresh, local blueberries. Later we road our bikes to the beach and hung out there for the afternoon, reading, sun bathing and swimming. It was very relaxing and the scenery was a bit interesting too. Here's a picture of some of the kites we saw flying (Mike and Keith are in the bottom right of the photo).And even more interesting, a guy in a thong! I wouldn't be surprised to see this in Jamaica, but South Haven, MI?? Brooke snapped this photo and the guy happened to look. I think he was pleased to have a photo taken of him.That night for dinner we went to the local Thirsty Perch where Mike had the bottomless bucket of perch. I don't know how many he ate, but close to 20. How does he stay so thin??We had an early dinner so we could get to the pier to fish...again no luck with the fishing, but I think they had fun doing it. Brooke and I sat against the lighthouse and talked girl talk for a good hour or so while munching on peanut butter M&Ms. It was a really nice evening. After no luck at the pier we went back to the condo and continued the fishing outside. Just after I went to bed Mike caught this catfish! Finally, a fish. A good ending to Day 2.

No comments: