We had a very festive weekend. Yesterday Mike,
Dilyn and I went Christmas shopping and to see Santa Clause! Mike and I had so much fun out in the hustle and bustle and of course the Santa Clause thing was fun too.
Dilyn has really started to NOT like strangers so we were a little worried about what she would do with Santa. I stood in front and tried to keep her attention while Mike backed her up to Santa so she never saw who was holding her. Well, as soon as Mike walked away and she saw the two of us she quickly put two and two together and started crying. I gave her her pacifier and calmed her down. I told the photographer to take the picture shortly after I pulled it out of her mouth and that's what she did. She doesn't look like she's crying in the photo, but does look uncomfortable with the whole thing. It was so cute. Mike thought it wasn't nice and likened it to torture. Then we went to Brooke and Keith's to hang out and sample some of Keith's deer, dove and
feasant. It was a lot of fun, of course.
Today we got our first Christmas tree in over 4 years. Since Mike and I moved to Indiana we have not had a tree. We're always gone to visit family for the holidays and didn't want to go through the hassle if we weren't going to be there to enjoy it. Well, this year is a whole new ballgame. My family is coming to see us! I can't wait. So, between having company and it being
Dilyn's first Christmas we were excited to get a tree.
Dilyn has come down with a nasty cough so we didn't want to take her in the cold to pick out a tree. She and I pulled up to the store and Mike went and picked out trees and brought them close to the vehicle so we could see them and help pick one out. We don't have a large house and with all of the company (6 extras) we wanted one that was skinny. So, here it is.
Dilyn took a nap while Mike put up the lights and made hooks for the ornaments. I put up the beads and then we both hung ornaments. We have a lot of really cool ornaments thanks to my mom and dad. They have been giving them to us since we started dating. If you look close you can see the
Starbuck's ornament, one of my personal favorites.
Dilyn didn't freak out with excitement over the tree when she woke up, but it did keep her attention.
6 comments:
Dilyn looks like she wants to play with the tree! :) Good thing she isn't crawling yet. Its gorgeous and you are going ot have a festive house full of family in no time. Enjoy!
I love the part about Mike bringing the tree to the car fo inspection :)
I almost bought you a starbucks ornament when I went in for a hot chocolate the other day, it instantly made me think of you.
I am getting sooooo excited! Your Christmas tree looks so pretty. It would have been a lot fun to see you, Mike and Dilyn do the Santa thing.
I am really looking forward to seeing everyone again! Dilyn's 1st Christmas is going to be a special one.
Gotta go shopping. Luv ya. Mom
I am getting sooooo excited! Your Christmas tree looks so pretty. It would have been a lot fun to see you, Mike and Dilyn do the Santa thing.
I am really looking forward to seeing everyone again! Dilyn's 1st Christmas is going to be a special one.
Gotta go shopping. Luv ya. Mom
oops!
Hi Fords. Nice to see the tree and the feeding expedition. Hope all is treating you well. Am home sick today. We are looking forward to seeing you guys. Just a little over a week. It will be great to have everyone together again. When I talk to the boys, I can tell they are getting excited.
Looks like Dilyn is getting more attentive every day. Soon she will be moving. Then you would have to worry about the tree and a lot of other things. Mom is out shopping again today. She has been busy getting ready. Such a busy time of year. Dilyn will probably stop growing fast soon. Nobody on either side of the family that is very tall. Time will tell. You guys take care till we are there. Love ya, Miss ya. Thayne
Post a Comment