Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Road Trip

Our trip to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving was a success! Dilyn didn't cry at all on the way there, but she did need to be entertained a bit. I drove to Chicago while Dilyn and Mike slept. After Dilyn was fed and had the chance to stretch we were on the road again with no other stops! We got there around 1pm. Perfect.
We had a great time while at my parent's house. We had tons of delicious food including turkey dinner. We also got to celebrate my mom's birthday with her. Dilyn had a lot of new scenery to check out and enjoyed her time with Gramps and Grammy.
Here she is with Mike the day we got there. They both look a bit on the sleepy side...

Here we are at the table just before dishing up our Thanksgiving meal...yummy! Here Dilyn is with Grammy. I think this is one of my favorite pictures of her. I love that little smile. My mom looks great too, of course.

Me and Dilyn. I love my little sugar! I love this picture of Dilyn too. She just looks so big and happy to be getting so much attention. Gramps and Grammy playing with Dilyn one last time before we hit the road to go back home last night. We left at 8pm our time and got back at 1:30am. Dilyn made 2 noises, but other than that she slept the whole time!!!

Thanks mom and dad! We had so much fun with you. I am so happy we got to spend Thanksgiving with you and be there for mom's birthday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

glad to hear your trip was a success... and that everyone enjoyed the holiday!

Dilyn just continues to get cuter and cuter with every posting!

Holly said...

Glad both of the drives went well. I just love the pictures. Dilyn and your parents look so happy. She just keeps getting bigger:)

Brian, Emily, Ashley, and Brody said...

I'm happy to hear that little miss D was a good girl and let Daddy sleep. I'm still amazed at how much planning goes into getting out of the house with a baby. Sounds like you guys have in down though.