Sunday, September 16, 2007

27 & First Hike

Well, what happened this past week? For starters I turned 27 on Monday. It was kind of a strange birthday. I wasn't feeling well and stayed home from work. I spent my day taking care of Dilyn and helping Mike submit his homework assignments for school. I did fit in a little nap which was needed. On Tuesday I started my work week and came home to a homemade...from scratch...chocolate cake made by my husband and daughter. It was sooo delicious and moist. I wish I could have shared in the moment by eating a slice with Mike AND Dilyn, but with Mike at work Dilyn and I had to celebrate without him. We all went to Dick's to purchase a new pair of running shoes for my birthday present from them, but they didn't have my size so I think I'm just going to order them online. Looking forward to a nice run in my new shoes when they get here...Thanks Mike and Dilyn!

On Saturday I woke up and snuck out of the house with Dilyn for a nice run so Mike could get some extra sleep. It was a little chilly so she was all bundled up with just her face showing. I wish I would have taken a picture because it was so cute. The run was refreshing and she really enjoyed it. Later that day Mike took Dilyn on some errands while I went to the salon for a long overdue hair cut and highlight...I love the salon. It is such a relaxing treat.

Mike and I tried to get most of our housework, prep for the week done on Friday and Saturday so we could get out of the house and just enjoy the day on Sunday. We both really look forward to our weekends now that we don't see each other during the week. It's funny to see Dilyn on Saturday mornings because she is so excited to have both of us with her at the same time. We decided to take advantage of the 70-degree day and go down to Brown County State Park...

The trip started off with coffee and breakfast sandwiches from Starbuck's (thanks Mom, Dad & Marilyn for my gift cards....BEST GIFT EVER!). An hour of driving and we were there. We started off the day by going on a 2 mile hike through the forest. It was beautiful and Dilyn really was in awe of all the trees. About a 1/3 of the way into the hike was a lookout tower. What a pretty site. We saw lots of chipmunks, a weird looking caterpillar and Dilyn saw horses for the first time. After she took in all she could she decided to nap for the rest of the hike.

The girls about a quarter of the way through the trail.

Dad & Dilyn at the lookout tower.

Dilyn snoozing.

After the hike we went to the lake so we could sit, relax and feed Dilyn. Then it was off to take a picture at a lookout of the valley that we saw when driving in. After that we went into the touristy town, had a bite to eat and got big ice cream cones to eat on the drive home. What a perfect day!

Looking over the valley.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

sound slike a great weekend! i hope you all are geared up to do it again next weekend :)we are looking forward to seeing all of you, hopefully the weather holds out.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! The trail looks like so much fun. Maybe Mike & Dilyn ought to go into the cake baking business because that cake looks great!

Mindy and Jeremy Cull said...

i miss indiana.. the weather sounds soo beautiful.. still over 100 in AZ.. hee hee!! i sure will miss fall in indiana... such a pretty time!

Anonymous said...

Looks like TONS of fun! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Hope you had a great day! We miss ya guys... we need to plan another playdate. You guys should come in sometime in early Novemberish??? Let's plan! :) Kisses to Dilyn! Cam misses her!

The Downey Family said...

HAPPY BELATED, JAMIE!

27, man you're a puppy :)

I can't believe how BIG Dilyn is getting already! All big girl in her Bumbo seat (aren't those the best!), and her stylin jeans!

We still need to meet up! :)

Jill

Raina said...

Happy birthday!!! I love birthdays just because I get to eat, open presents, and have my favorite people surround me. Great pictures on your hike!!! It looks gorgeous up there.